You see I don’t do New Year’s resolutions. Not because I have anything against having a lot of plans for 365 days, but because I think it’s too much pressure and I usually forget by January 5th.
Relevance? Thanks to all these blog Award nominations these days as it turns out, I didn’t need to have to resolve to write more this year.
I have been nominated by my current favorite blogger sinawobukani.wordpress.com for the Versatile blogger Award and am very grateful because I take every award nomination as a nudge to write and that is priceless.
1.Thank the blogger who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
2. Nominate at least 15 bloggers of your choice. When considering a fellow blogger for the Versatile Blogger Award, keep in the the quality of their subject matter and the level of love displayed on the virtual page.
3. Link your nominees and inform them about their nomination.
4.Share seven facts about yourself..
So here is my list
1. I can actually sing. For some weird reason I have never tried to do more than sing in the shower but I have pretty decent vocal chords.
I surprise myself whenever I have to sing and I even have myself believing that the person who sings is my nemesis always wanting to steal my show….
Every time those cool choir people who have 20000% perfect confidence in their abilities get up their to sing am looking at them like “eeeeee mama”
2. I don’t remember the last time I was angry at anyone or anything or had a bad day. I am emotionally incapable of rage which is frustrating at times. I don’t know how to be angry.
I guess I finally found the biblical peace that surpasses human understanding.
3. If there is such a thing as a “Crier’s Award”, I think I won it. God must have given me extra tear wells than most people because I also don’t get it.
I deny deny deny its truthfulness and I always feign eye allergies when am caught red handed but almost every thing from goodbyes, to movies, to songs, to speeches, to poems, to weddings, to dead people, makes me cry..
I am currently praying about this very unwelcome skill.
4. I could be a cheerleader for a living. When I remotely sense any sort of ability or skill from anyone I go all
psycho supportive of them even when hardly know them.
I am beginning to think it’s also a disorder of sorts.
5. I only started taking lifts about two months ago. Regardless of how far I had to climb, I would take the stairs because I had convinced myself that the power system in Uganda was too unreliable for my trust and I was not about to be stuck between walls.
Anyway that’s all over now, the power is still unstable but when I had to go to the 12th floor of Worker’s House twice in one morning, I decided exhaustion was going to kill me faster than the lift, and I have never taken stairs when a lift is an option since.
6. I am obsessed with
music good music. Everyone I know except one loves music.
However I think my love for music is very irrational. I can go on and on about a song and have you convinced that it’s the best thing you will ever listen to.
I get so excited for concerts and shows that if something happens and it gets cancelled I need a day or so to recover.
For the longest time I attended Watoto church just for the music,and my perfect idea of night out is a place where there is live band playing.
I have watched all music shows from Idol, to The Voice, to XFactor to project fame to Coke Studio Africa, to award shows you name it. I don’t know what it is with music but I think in another life I could be a music producer.
7. My idea of a perfect date is conversation.
And my nominees are
Looking forward to all your lists.
I love you for reading.